Marketing Funding Round-Up
September 2020 – regularly updated in 2021 too!
Since June 2020 we’ve been promoting a number of marketing funding streams that are available to SMEs – and they are still running in 2021 (and onwards for some). They each have different criteria and are for different types of businesses.
We thought it would be a good idea to have all the information in one place, so it’s easy to distinguish which support is right for you and your business. Here’s a list of what’s available right now…
1. Marketing Funding for SMEs – 30% Grant
UPDATE MAY 2021 – this has now changed to be an (almost) capital only grant – it can’t be used for just marketing anymore at this time. However, if there is a piece of marketing work that ties in alongside your capital purchase, in order to grow the business, that could work!
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) who have less that 250 employees and less than 50m Euros turnover, or less than 43m Euros as a balance sheet total
- Need to be located in East Sussex, Kent and Essex (not including Brighton)
- Minimum grant is £1k, so the project cost must be a minimum of £3k to receive £1k marketing funding – 30% of your project costs could be paid for.
- Projects for marketing support should ideally include some capital equipment expenditure that supports the business development plan (not including routine upgrades).
2. *Free* Marketing Support for SMEs in East Sussex – This is available now!
- You need to fit the SME definition and be a business that has the potential to work smarter and grow. Ideally you want to increase turnover significantly and recruit staff later too.
- Fully funded marketing support – you don’t pay a penny
- There are two different options for gaining free marketing support:
- Big Ambitions – if you are a business owner with ideas about what you’d like to do to take your business forward, you may be able to access 12 hours of free support from various experts including 8.5 hours of marketing support from us!
- Ready to Grow – if your business is less than 1 year old, you may be given the option to have time with an experienced business advisor and join 10 likeminded small business owners attending 10 workshops on a 10 week programme. This covers a variety of business topics (including marketing from us)
3. Marketing Funding for Manufacturers – 33% Grant – This is available now!
- Any manufacturer that meets the definition of a SME who have less that 250 employees and less than 50m Euros turnover or less than 43m Euros as a balance sheet total
- Based in East Sussex, West Sussex (Brighton not included), many parts of Kent and Essex (and other parts of the country)
- If you make, produce, print or assemble a product or service of any kind you could apply
- The minimum project spend is £3k in order to claim the 33% grant
4. Marketing Funding for ‘Green’ Businesses – 40% Grant – This is available now!
- You need to be a Low Carbon and Environmental Goods and Services (LCEGS) business. Your goods or services are decarbonising the energy system, improving energy or resource efficiency, or preserving and enhancing the natural environment
- Be located in East Sussex, Essex and Kent (potentially also Brighton, West Sussex and Hampshire later on the year/Q1 2021!)
- You can claim 40% of project costs – minimum grant of £1k and a maximum grant of £10k available.
To find out about other supports, grants and advice for businesses locally contact the East Sussex Growth Hub either by visiting their website or call them on 01273 335878.
If you are in the Brighton / Coast To Capital area, do take a look at their website to find out your options.
What clients say who’ve received funding…
Pearce Marketing is a brilliant, friendly and knowledgeable marketing agency based in East Sussex. I used them to help with SEO and digital marketing for my business SwetWipes Ltd. Emma and her team were professional, responsive and experts in their field. I would not hesitate to recommend them to others and look forward to working with them again in the future.
Liz Barnes, SwetWipes Ltd
Through Now! Charity Group, I have been working with Emma and her team for the past 2 years. The Pearce Marketing team provide an excellent array of services and we have benefited tremendously from their support whilst navigating COVID-19 challenges over the past 12 months. I’d recommend Pearce Marketing to any prospective business seeking a consultant.
Michael Ryan, Now! Charity Group
Emma has an amazing way of gleaning the information I didn’t know I had in me. She was able to pick up and run with personalising my website wording to reflect my personality. Emma has helped me to write my new website. She has been extremely helpful and produced effective and interesting content for the website.
Elizabeth Kelly, ECK Bookkeeping
Amazing, amazing, amazing!!! I cannot put into words how accommodating and supportive Emma has been. Pearce Marketing has helped us so much within just 8.5 hours of support – helping with Facebook strategy, website amends, SEO, social media content and training. They definitely went above and beyond for us and we are so grateful.
Lyndsey Jenkins, Blackpool Pre-School
If you have any questions about the marketing funding available please do get in touch. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be able to help you! Who wouldn’t want to receive free marketing support? 😊