Marketing Grants for ‘Green’ Businesses in East Sussex, West Sussex, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight!
Date: July 2020
Good news… there is grant funding available for marketing for SME businesses that:
- have their own internal green/eco initiatives that reduce business/industry impact on the environment (no matter what you sell)
- provide eco/green-related products and services
- are based in East Sussex, West Sussex, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight (if you are not in one of those areas, check here for news on energy efficiency grant schemes in other parts of the UK)
You could receive a grant for 40% of your marketing project – free marketing money!
This funding is provided by LoCASE (Low Carbon Economy Across the South and East).
What can the grant funding be used for?
The grant can be used across a broad range of business development activities for growing your operations.
This specifically includes strategic marketing planning and tactical marketing costs, as well as:
- plant and machinery costs for re-tooling and installation of machinery, hardware and training to operate it
- purchasing patents, IT software and licences and
- other business planning and consultancy services.
Am I a ‘green’ business?
In order to be able to apply for this funding you need to either:
- demonstrate that your internal activities reduce business/industry impact on the environment – for example, perhaps you are reducing your carbon footprint with less energy and water usage, or producing less waste in your manufacturing process or transport and logistics areas, or
- be a Low Carbon and Environmental Goods and Services (LCEGS) business. Generally, this could include companies supplying renewable energy, energy storage and energy efficiency products, manufacturers, green architects and builders, recycling and re-use businesses, environmental advisors and consultants.
So if you have eco-friendly business operations, or are a company focusing on green products, services and innovation, you should find out more!
How does this marketing funding work?
There’s an application process and you must wait to see if you are approved by the panel. The grant panel meets twice a month to assess/approve applications.
Once you have been approved for the project, you’ll pay the full amount and then claim back 40% of the costs.
There’s a minimum grant of £1K and a maximum grant of £10K available. Therefore, if you’re going for £10K of funding, your project would be £25K.
The LoCASE team are keen to support revenue grants for marketing consultancy support.
Who to contact
If you would like to know more, please let us know and we can have a chat. We’ll put you in touch with the right people at the Green Growth Platform – the local hub delivering the LoCASE funding.
Do get in touch, we’d love to chat through your marketing project.
Find out more about other marketing funding available:
- If you are not a ‘green’ business, but you are an SME looking to implement internal energy efficiency projects e.g. heating and lighting etc., there is LoCASE grant funding to help you pay for those costs
- If you are a manufacturer – there is 30% funding for marketing via the Manufacturing Growth Programme – read our blog
- If you are an SME in East Sussex, Essex and Kent there is a 30% marketing grant available via SEBB (South East Business Boost) – see more in our blog