Social Media Marketing & Advertising in East Sussex
Have you tried social media advertising for your business? We’re experienced marketing consultants that provide social media marketing advice and management for SMEs in East Sussex and beyond.
Social media advertising has been a very useful form of social media marketing in recent times. It’s targeted, measurable and cost-effective.
We’ve used it successfully for a number of clients including:
- retailers selling garden products, jewellery, fabrics and dog training vouchers
- hotels promoting wedding events
- a business coach promoting their services to a specific sector with a free downloadable resource
- a wellbeing centre advertising a therapist’s room to rent
- a charity promoting it’s retail stores across East Sussex
- and a home care company recruiting a significant number of carers in a specific area in Essex.
We often help Sussex-based businesses in and around Eastbourne, Bexhill, Lewes, Uckfield, Heathfield, Hailsham and Newhaven, for example. But we can work with you wherever you are in the UK!
If you’d prefer some training in social media advertising, rather than one of our marketing support packages, we can help you with that too!
How could Social Media Marketing benefit my business?
There are very few businesses that wouldn’t benefit from social media marketing and advertising. Ads on these platforms are:
- Targeted – You can reach your exact audiences via social ads. The targeting is so extensive. For example, it includes:
- Interests (such as sports, magazines, competitors, lifestyle, TV programmes etc.)
- Demographics (such as age, gender, job title, parents of children aged x-y etc.)
- Location (even to street level!)
- Website actions (for example, if someone visits your website and leaves without making contact, they can be shown an ad on social media to entice them to come back! This is known as remarketing.)
- Measurable – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter all have fantastic reporting and measurement tools. You can track website clicks, engagements, demographics and conversions (such as purchasing something, viewing a specific web page or downloading a form). This is all great for continually refining your advertising.
- Cost-effective – You don’t have to spend a fortune on social media marketing ads – particularly remarketing ads – and it’s easy to switch spend on and off. You can set a budget that suits you, although there are recommended minimum spends and durations to ensure you give the platforms enough time to ‘learn’ and for you to get data to make a business decision. You can specify to only be charged when someone acts upon your ad (such as clicking on it).
Remarketing Social Ads – How do they work?
Remarketing ads are the most cost-effective – you’re essentially targeting ‘warm’ leads. Here’s how a remarketing ad works:
- Potential customer visits your website (where you have installed a pixel – a bit of code from the social media platform)
- They leave your site without calling you/checking out
- They later then go onto their social media account
- Your pre-prepared social media remarketing ad is automatically shown to them to recapture their interest
- The potential customer then returns to your website and hopefully makes a purchase/signs up etc.!
Results and ROI from Social Media Marketing Ads?
We have helped a diverse range of businesses with setting up and running their social media advertising. These include the hospitality industry, ecommerce/retail, a local charity, the care sector, b2b business services and more…
We have seen some really great ROI and ROAS (return on ad spend) statistics over recent times.
- Fabric Online Retailer – March and April 2020
- 14.5 x ROI/ROAS
- £426.13 spent on conversion and remarketing ads
- Sales = £6189.81
- Retail/Ecommerce – Christmas Campaign 2020
- Remarketing ROAS = 25.86 | Overall ad campaign ROAS (from a number of ads and a remarketing ad) = 4.53
- Ad spend of £2760.45
- Total Revenue from Ad Sales = £12,508.40
- B2B Coaching Business – Summer 2020
- Ad spend of £225
- 50 forms submitted on website – essentially 50 new leads
- East Sussex Charity – Summer 2020 (reopening after lockdown)
- Ad spend of £215
- 1747 clicks on ad = 12p cost per click
- 113% up on web traffic compared to previous month
- Dog training business – Christmas Campaign 2018
- Ad spend of £150
- Direct & Associated sales = £7500